[titled_box title=”Join us for an in depth 8 week programme” align=”center” bgColor=”#74941D” textColor=”#ffffff”]
Calling all agile coaches, Scrum Masters, leaders, managers, or anyone who wants to help their team excel. Our unique hybrid learning approach combines the convenience of online training, with the benefits of personal coaching by Growing Agile. It is available to anyone, anywhere in the world!
We will cover the following topics:
- Team Assessment – We’ll cover how to assess your team’s current strength and weakness as a basis to understand how they can grow. We will also look at assessing the level of trust a team has.
- Influence – We will looking into how you can influence decisions and behaviour without being controlling. We will explore the importance of building one on one relationships with both your team and your managers to grow your ability to influence.
- Motivation – Learn how knowledge workers are motivated, and identify the factors in your organisation that are demotivating your team. Discover techniques to learn how the individuals in your team are personally motivated.
- Retrospectives – Understand the factors that lead to successful retrospectives, learn how to plan for these well and coach teams in getting to concrete achievable actions.
- Training – Effectively learning new skills is a critical factor for successful teams. Learn how to design and run hands-on interactive training sessions on any topic.
- Impediments – We will look at some simple techniques to help you notice impediments that are slowing your team down. Often these are things that have always existed that teams no longer notice themselves.
- Metrics – Understand how metrics can be used successfully, as well as their pitfalls. Learn how metrics are gamed and what you can do about it. Design your own metrics based on the behaviour changes you would to see.
How the course is structured:
- Each week you will receive materials for a new topic. The materials will include: Exercises for you to do, video lecture by Growing Agile, additional videos and recommended reading if you would like to explore the topic further, a facilitation technique or game you can use with your team, and a challenge.
- You can go through the material in your own time, and at your own pace. We recommend setting aside 3 hours a week for this. We also highly recommend using a journal for this course to keep track of challenges and insights you have during the course.
- Each week we will schedule a group conference call using google hangout with all participants. In this call we will discuss the topic for the week, each person’s learnings and the outcome of any exercises they did. This is a great opportunity to hear how others on the course have applied the learning, and to share your own successes.
- At the end of the course you will receive a certificate of completion. You will also retain lifetime access to the online materials from the course.
Dates: 2 February 2015 to 27 March 2015
Technology: Udemy and Google Hangout
Time Required: 3 hours per week
Cost: R6500 per person excluding VAT